BACON CREAM CHEESE STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Let’s be honest the name speaks for itself. It is easy and delicious and has bacon in it. Do you need any more explanation?
I didn’t think so.
- 8 oz bacon
- 1/2 cup finely minced sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 oz white button mushrooms
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Using scissors or a sharp knife, cut raw bacon into small pieces.
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, cook bacon until nice and crispy.
- While bacon is cooking, remove mushroom stems from caps and chop stems into small pieces.
- When bacon is done, remove from pan and set aside; reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon grease and pour the rest from pan.
- Saute onion until soft about 5 minutes, scraping up any brown bits on bottom of pan.
- Add chopped mushrooms stems and garlic and cook a few minutes longer.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cream cheese and parmesan cheese and stir until cheeses are melted.
- Add reserved chopped bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Mixture can be made, cooled, and stored, covered, in the fridge for up to two days.)
- Remove mixture from heat and stuff each mushroom cap generously with mixture.
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and filling is nice and hot.
I found this recipe via pinterest last year, from http://www.mountainmamacooks.com/2011/02/bacon-and-cream-cheese-stuffed-mushrooms/ visit their site and show them some love too <3